Pilot cleaning kit for fountain pens contains a cleaning dropper for Pilot pens and 5 units of cleaning liquid of 8 ml that you can use with water to clean your Pilot fountain pens. We suggest to use the cleaning solution only when the ink fouling is high. For the "daily" cleaning and maintenance, you can use the cleaning dropper with only water. With the help of pressure you will be able to remove the regular ink fouling and clean the pen when you change ink color. If you need to use the cleaning solution please follow these steps:
1. fit the cleaning dropper into your Pilot fountain pen and push it 10 times inside a cup of water.
2. change the water and insert 8 ml of cleaning liquid in 100 ml of water
3. keep the nib unit inside this liquid for 8-10 hours
4. change the cleaning solution with only water and repeat the point number 1
5. remove the cleaning dropper and put the nib unit under the water. Dry the nib and fill your fountain pen.
Don't use the liquid solution with Urushi lacquered pens, Pilot Custom 823, Pilot Heritage 92 and Pilot Justus 95. Close